Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Every time I stare at these chocolate chip pancakes, I just want to run into my kitchen and make these breakfast staple regardless of what time it is. I know I can scarf down these stacked pancakes in a second knowing that one of my favorite ingredients is thrown in the mix: chocolate!

Serves 3: 1 1/2 cup of pancake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
I use butter primarily to keep the pancake mixture from sticking onto the frying pan. Once it is warm enough to melt the butter, I would spread the butter around the pan with my spatula. It is also helpful to rub butter inside the edges of the cookie cutters. Next, I carefully scooped one in half tablespoon of pancake batter into the cookie cutters - thinly enough to coat the base. When the edges of the pancake mix looks dry and the top stops bubbling, take out the cookie cutter with precaution and using your spatula, flip the pancake over to cook the other side. Stack all the mini pancakes on top of each other, sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar, and drizzle maple syrup for a sweet and savory finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment