Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Insanity Workout

My Reason To Stay Fit #1: To Say that I Completed the Insanity Challenge

The Insanity program is a great way to get in shape at home. I would like to consider Insanity a cardio-version of P90X. It's important to stick to their work-out schedule or else it's back to Day 1. The first time I attempted the second day routine, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I thought I was done after the warm-up session. It's high intensity interval training that requires you to exert a lot of energy into a demanding physical workout. It's not recommended for individuals with a low level of physical fitness, pre-existing injuries or serious medical conditions according to LiveStrong's review of the program so be very careful. It's fine to go slow and take small breaks in between routines during the first couple of weeks because the goal of the program is to make you stronger overtime. I'm on my third week and happy to say that I've been consistent with the program. I know what to expect now so I'd even try to sneak in a couple moves that I skipped during water-break and catch up on the next move. I would like to update you on my progress as it is motivation for me to keep going. Perhaps, on Fit-Test day, I can compare results that I have written down from the first time I've done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment